EXHIBITS AT THE J
The mission of the Jansen Art Center is to provide a place for artists to create, teach, share, and engage the community in the arts. As part of this mission, regional artists are invited to exhibit and sell their original works of art at the Jansen Art Center. A Fine Arts Gallery and numerous gallery walls throughout the Jansen Art Center provide great spaces to display and view a wide variety of art.
The Juried Exhibits are open to the public as a way to showcase the artistic talent in Whatcom County and the surrounding region. Each season, artists are invited to submit up to five pieces to be judged by a qualified jury made up of artists, curators, and other figures in the arts community. The selected pieces are displayed in the Jansen Art Center for the community to enjoy.
Submit your Work:
Submissions are now open for the 2017 Fall Juried Exhibit. This show will hang for 3 months throughout our beautiful gallery space. Please review the list of requirements, and mark your calendars with the important dates listed below.
Artists may submit up to 5 pieces of artwork (2 or 3 dimensional work accepted). The deadline to submit your artwork is 11:59pm on Monday, August 14.
- The deadline for submitting your work is Monday, August 14 at 11:59 PST.
- Artists will be notified whether their pieces have been accepted or not via email, no later than Tuesday, August 22.
- The drop-off date & time for accepted work is Saturday, September 2 from 10am – 2pm.
- The reception for this exhibit will be Thursday, September 7 from 6:00pm – 8:00pm.
- The pick-up date & time will be Saturday, December 2, from 10am – 2pm
- The artist may submit up to 5 pieces of their own original art work.
- The $25.00 Fee applies even if less than 5 pieces are submitted to the jury. Submissions without payment will not be considered.
- Jansen Art Center Members (at the Artist level or higher) receive $10 off submission fees. Learn more about our membership program.
- The Jansen Art Center accepts visual arts including: ceramics, painting and drawing, textiles, jewelry, basketry, photography, and literary arts.
- All artwork needs to be framed and have a wire on the back for us to hang it. If it is a stretched canvas and the edges are painted unframed this is fine, but we still need a wire on the back for hanging.
- Accepted artwork must be delivered by hand or by post to the Jansen Art Center by the stated deadline to be included in the show.
- Artists are responsible for their own postage and shipping to and from the Jansen Art Center.
Questions about your submission? Email: email@example.com