2 Day Workshop with LeslieAnn Bestor
Fridays, December 9-16, 2022
Ready for some new ways to add texture and depth to your rigid heddle weaving? We’ll be using pick-up sticks to manipulate the warp threads and weave cloth with warp and weft floats, creating both texture and lace. Yes, this means you can weave structures like Huck lace and M’s and O’s on your rigid heddle loom! Explore new dimension with your RH loom.
Monday, December 5, 12:00pm
MATERIALS TO BRING
- pre-warped rigid-heddle loom* – instructor will email a list of yarn requirements and warping instructions
- yarn as described in teacher email (approx. 300 yds DK weight yarn)
- 1 – 2 stick shuttles or 1 boat shuttle with 2 bobbins
- 1-2 Pick-up sticks that are less than 15″ long
- Toolkit – scissors, tape measure, etc
- Notetaking materials
*looms available for rent. For those renting looms or needing assistance warping the loom, see Rigid Heddle Warp Winding Refresher class on November 29.
COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS
Masks are not required, but recommended.
We encourage you to practice social distancing when possible and masks will still be available if you choose to wear one.
Get 10% off classes and tickets when you become a member.
Register and add class times to your calendar below.
December 16, 2022
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Venue: Textiles Studio
The Textiles Back Studio is located in the SE corner of the main floor: